- This event has passed.
Global Dignity Day 2023
October 18 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Ottawa, October 17, 2023 – The Global Dignity Day Canada Dignity Dialogue Videoconference Event aims to promote dignity, kindness and inclusive well-being in our diverse world. This event will feature a guided meditation session, a powerful panel discussion and a video montage of Global Dignity Day over the years created by a young Indigenous artist. Global Dignity Day is celebrated by over one million students and over eight million students participate in Global Dignity activities per year.
What: National Videoconference to celebrate Global Dignity Day 2023
When: October 18, 2023 – 12:00-1:00 pm ET
Dial-in details: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85930211717
Who: The event will include remarks from panelists and participants including:
- Giovanna Mingarelli, Chair, Global Dignity Canada
- Olivia Bechthold, Executive Vice Chair, Global Dignity Canada
- Tara Baswani, Co-Founder & Executive Creative Director Lembas Works, and Global Dignity Canada Board Member
- Dzongsar Khenpo Khyenrab Wangchuck, President and Founder of the Bodhi Kindness Foundation
- Meagan Commanda, Anishinabe Leader from Kitigan Zibi Anishinabeg
- Jaden and Mike Lake, a celebrated student who raises awareness about autism, alongside his father, Mike Lake, Canadian Member of Parliament for Edmonton-Wetaskiwin
- Peggy Taillon, Vice-President of the Bruyere Foundation
- Jamie Bell, Co-Founder, @1860 Winnipeg Arts and Winnipeg Chair, Global Dignity Canada
- Tony Eetak, Co-Founder, @1860 Winnipeg Arts, emerging artist, musician and storyteller
Why: To empower individuals with the concept that every human being has the universal right to lead a dignified life
Established in 2005 by HRH Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, Operation HOPE Founder John Hope Bryant and respected Finnish professor Pekka Himanen, Global Dignity is an independent, non-profit, non-political organization focused on empowering young people with dignity. It aims to inspire respect, self-esteem and tolerance of diversity, as well as promote the idea that every human being has the universal right to lead a dignified life. Visit our website at: www.globaldignity.ca.
Executive Vice Chair
Global Dignity Canada